In this video you can find seven little known facts about the Northwest Territories. Keep watching and subscribe, as more Canadian territories will follow!
You can now support this channel via Patreon, by accessing the link bellow. Thank you!
Learn, Share, Subscribe
US States & Territories
206 Countries in One Series
Tweets by Sebastian2Go
More information about the video content bellow:
1. If the Yukon is the far north at its most accessible, the Northwest Territories is the region at its most uncompromising. Just three roads nibble at the edges of this almost unimaginably vast area, which, together with Nunavut, occupies a third of Canada’s landmass. The Northwest Territories is about the size of India but contains only 44,000 people, almost half of whom live in or around Yellowknife.
2. The present-day territory came under government authority in July 1870, after the Hudson’s Bay Company transferred Rupert’s Land and the North-Western Territory to the British Crown, which subsequently transferred them to the Dominion of Canada, giving it the name the North-west Territories. Between 1925 and 1999, the Northwest Territories covered a land area of 3,439,296 km2 larger than that of India. On April 1, 1999, the existing Northwest Territories was split into two parts, with a separate Nunavut territory being formed to represent the Inuit people.
3. If you want to make the big bucks in Canada mostly everyone would think you need to move to Alberta right? Wrong! Per capita residents in the NWT earn on average nearly ,000 more per year, even the average income is higher in the Northwest Territories by nearly 0 over Alberta!
4. NWT is actually the world’s second largest producer of diamonds in the world. The diamonds found in the Arctic territory are not only more pure than the diamonds found in africa, but they are of an overall higher quality and mined ethically where each worker is paid quite a fair wage.
5. Yellowknife is the capital of the Northwest Territories. Yellowknife has almost half the population of the entire Northwest Territories. It’s currently the only city in the Northwest Territories!
6. The Dempster Highway is Canada’s northernmost motorway, carrying road-trippers across the Arctic Circle to Inuvik in the Mackenzie River Delta. And now you can push even farther: The new Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk Highway will take you to Tuktoyaktuk, an Arctic Ocean settlement famous for pingos, caribou and Inuvialuit culture.
7. If you travel to the uttermost tip of the territory, you’ll experience what may be the harshest weather on Earth. Meteorologists say the icebound Parry Islands, near the top of the Arctic Archipelago, suffer from a combo of clouds, dampness, wind and unrelenting cold that make this the most extreme, least habitable corner of Canada.
Krushendo – Life (Summer Camp Cut)
Tweets by krushendo
By Lokal_Profil image cut to remove USA by Paul Robinson – Vector map BlankMap-USA-states-Canada-provinces.svg.Modified by Lokal_Profil, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2541665
By TUBS – Own, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=15951620
By Swamibu – https://www.flickr.com/photos/swamibu/1182138940/, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5266232
By Adam Jones, Ph.D. – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=27732056
Pushed to Insanity
More info on 7 Facts about the Northwest Territories
7 Facts about the Northwest Territories - BingNews Search results
The Lie of a Cleaner Oilsands
As a result, regulators and industry treated many Northwest Territories communities (13 of ... year 2022-23 scientists requested nearly $5.7 million for surface water quality monitoring but ...
Yellowknife, Canada - Weather Forecasts | Maps | News - Yahoo Weather
There is a 71% chance of precipitation. Showers today with a high of 57 °F (13.9 °C) and a low of 46 °F (7.8 °C). There is a 82% chance of precipitation. Showers today with a high of 62 °F ...
Li-FT Power Initiates 45,000 Meter Drill Program at the Yellowknife Lithium Project, NWT
June 7, 2023) - Li-FT Power Ltd. (CSE: LIFT) (FSE: WS0) ("LIFT" or the "Company") is pleased to report the start of a 45,000 meter drill program that began June 2, 2023 at its Yellowknife Lithium ...
‘Unprecedented’ Canadian fires intensified by record heat, climate change
It’s already a wildfire season for the record books in Canada, with the blistering heat of summer and howling winds of fall still ahead. About 200 wildfires are currently burning across the country, ...
Northwest Territories releases strategy to address homelessness
YELLOWKNIFE — The premier of the Northwest Territories says a whole-of-government approach is needed to adequately address homelessness in the territory. We apologize, but this video has failed ...
Wisconsin just celebrated 175 years as a state. Here are some key historical facts you should know.
Wisconsin celebrated 175 years on Monday. Here are some key historical facts about the state. May 29, 1848. Wisconsin was the 30th state to become part of the U.S., less than two years after Iowa ...
7 Slurpee Facts for Free Slurpee Day 2023
While you anxiously await 7/11, you’ll have to satisfy that Slurpee craving with some delicious Slurpee facts and general ... distribution rights in their territories. One of these businesses ...
The Seven Wonders of Northwest Territories
In this age of global warming and the importance of global health, the Boreal Forest MUST BE one of Canada’s leading 7 wonders ... on the Alberta-Northwest Territories border alongside ...
7 Facts About Tanner Fritz
5. HE GREW UP IN GRAND PRAIRIE, AB Fritz grew up roughly 280 miles northwest of Edmonton. He'll be the fifth player from Grand Prairie to play in the NHL, along with Howard Walker, Clint Malarchuk ...
Wood Buffalo National Park
Covering more territory than Switzerland, it sprawls across northeastern Alberta and juts into the southern part of the Northwest Territories ... River followed by a 7.5- mile hike into Sweetgrass ...