In this video you can find seven little known facts about the Northwest Territories. Keep watching and subscribe, as more Canadian territories will follow!
You can now support this channel via Patreon, by accessing the link bellow. Thank you!
Learn, Share, Subscribe
US States & Territories
206 Countries in One Series
More information about the video content bellow:
1. If the Yukon is the far north at its most accessible, the Northwest Territories is the region at its most uncompromising. Just three roads nibble at the edges of this almost unimaginably vast area, which, together with Nunavut, occupies a third of Canada’s landmass. The Northwest Territories is about the size of India but contains only 44,000 people, almost half of whom live in or around Yellowknife.
2. The present-day territory came under government authority in July 1870, after the Hudson’s Bay Company transferred Rupert’s Land and the North-Western Territory to the British Crown, which subsequently transferred them to the Dominion of Canada, giving it the name the North-west Territories. Between 1925 and 1999, the Northwest Territories covered a land area of 3,439,296 km2 larger than that of India. On April 1, 1999, the existing Northwest Territories was split into two parts, with a separate Nunavut territory being formed to represent the Inuit people.
3. If you want to make the big bucks in Canada mostly everyone would think you need to move to Alberta right? Wrong! Per capita residents in the NWT earn on average nearly ,000 more per year, even the average income is higher in the Northwest Territories by nearly 0 over Alberta!
4. NWT is actually the world’s second largest producer of diamonds in the world. The diamonds found in the Arctic territory are not only more pure than the diamonds found in africa, but they are of an overall higher quality and mined ethically where each worker is paid quite a fair wage.
5. Yellowknife is the capital of the Northwest Territories. Yellowknife has almost half the population of the entire Northwest Territories. It’s currently the only city in the Northwest Territories!
6. The Dempster Highway is Canada’s northernmost motorway, carrying road-trippers across the Arctic Circle to Inuvik in the Mackenzie River Delta. And now you can push even farther: The new Inuvik to Tuktoyaktuk Highway will take you to Tuktoyaktuk, an Arctic Ocean settlement famous for pingos, caribou and Inuvialuit culture.
7. If you travel to the uttermost tip of the territory, you’ll experience what may be the harshest weather on Earth. Meteorologists say the icebound Parry Islands, near the top of the Arctic Archipelago, suffer from a combo of clouds, dampness, wind and unrelenting cold that make this the most extreme, least habitable corner of Canada.
Krushendo – Life (Summer Camp Cut)
By Lokal_Profil image cut to remove USA by Paul Robinson – Vector map BlankMap-USA-states-Canada-provinces.svg.Modified by Lokal_Profil, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2541665
By TUBS – Own, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=15951620
By Swamibu – https://www.flickr.com/photos/swamibu/1182138940/, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5266232
By Adam Jones, Ph.D. – Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=27732056
Pushed to Insanity
More info on 7 Facts about the Northwest Territories
7 Facts about the Northwest Territories - BingNews Search results
A look at COVID-19 vaccinations in Canada on Tuesday, March 2, 2021
The province has received enough of the vaccine to give 7.9 per cent of its population ... cent of its available vaccine supply. The Northwest Territories are reporting zero new vaccinations ...
Nova Scotia's Jill Brothers wraps up Scotties tournament with win over Northern Ontario
The Brothers rink took control of the game with a deuce in the first end and led 7-1 after seven ends ... Kerry Galusha of the Northwest Territories and Walker are all at 4-3 and will battle ...
Team Canada defeats Nova Scotia's Jill Brothers at Scotties Tournament of Hearts
Team Canada stole two more in the eighth end to go up 7-3 and added a single in the ... to 4-2 with an 8-3 win over Kerry Galusha of Northwest Territories. Galusha fell to 2-3.
Gold Terra Resource Looking for Multi-Million Ounce Deposit at Yellowknife City Gold Project, Raising C$2.88M
Gold Terra's 100%-owned flagship Yellowknife City Gold Project in the southern part of Northwest Territories is a district-scale land ... has 181.33 million shares outstanding (fully diluted 197.7 ...
Newfoundland and Labrador wins its opening game at Tournament of Hearts
Hill, skip of Newfoundland and Labrador’s entry at the 2021 Scottie Tournament of Hearts Canadian women’s curling championship, debuted with an 8-7 win over New Brunswick’s Melissa Adams ...
Northwest Territories fined for destroying nests of threatened birds
The government of the Northwest Territories was fined $10,000 after it plead guilty ... and the impacts of climate change. Statement of facts According to the agreed statement of facts between the N.W ...
Subarctic Sports Betting: Northwest Territories
Persons aged 19 years of age and older can legally wager on sports in the Northwest Territories ... Check it out for the latest facts, tools, and helpful services. Sports betting is legal for ...
As polar vortex arrives, Canada logs coldest temperature in years
According to Environment Canada’s weather conditions report, Wekweeti in the Northwest Territories confirmed ... when the mercury plunged to -54.7 C in Mould Bay, N.W.T. Lang said the record ...
Meet the Native People Who Live in One of the World’s Harshest Landscapes
Survivalists competing in Season 7 of “Alone” have endured the harsh conditions and aggressive predators of the remote Arctic region of Canada known as the Northwest Territories. The intense ...
The Seven Wonders of Northwest Territories
In this age of global warming and the importance of global health, the Boreal Forest MUST BE one of Canada’s leading 7 wonders ... on the Alberta-Northwest Territories border alongside ...