Seattle is in boom mode, and for visitors, that means creative restaurants, a vibrant nightlife scene, and stunning art. Seattle has many attractions and activities to explore, even briefly. Here are some ideas for what you can do in Seattle in 36 hours:
Day 1 in Seattle
- Pike Place Market: This iconic market is a must-visit destination in Seattle. You can explore the stalls and shops selling everything from fresh produce and seafood to handmade crafts and artisanal foods. Be sure to stop by the fishmongers and watch them toss the fish!
- Space Needle: Take a ride up to the top of the Space Needle for breathtaking views of Seattle and the surrounding mountains. You can also explore the observation deck and the rotating restaurant.
- Chihuly Garden and Glass: This museum showcases the stunning glass art of local artist Dale Chihuly. You can explore indoor and outdoor exhibits featuring colorful and intricate glass sculptures.
- Seattle Waterfront: Stroll along the waterfront and take in views of Elliott Bay. You can also visit the Seattle Aquarium or take a ferry to nearby islands.
Day 2 in Seattle
- Museum of Pop Culture: This museum celebrates pop culture in all forms, from music and movies to video games and science fiction. You can explore the interactive exhibits and see artifacts from famous musicians and films.
- Seattle Art Museum: This museum features a wide range of art worldwide, including contemporary and indigenous art.
- Fremont neighborhood: This quirky neighborhood is known for its public art, including the famous Fremont Troll sculpture. You can also visit the Fremont Sunday Market, which features crafts, food, and vintage goods.
- Capitol Hill: This neighborhood is home to a vibrant arts and culture scene, as well as many bars, restaurants, and shops. You can explore the shops and galleries on Broadway Avenue or relax in one of the neighborhood’s many parks.
Day 3 in Seattle
- Visit the Seattle Japanese Garden: This 3.5-acre garden is located in the Washington Park Arboretum and features traditional Japanese landscaping and design, including ponds, bridges, and a teahouse. It’s a peaceful and serene escape from the city.
- Take a ferry to Bainbridge Island: Catch a ferry from downtown Seattle to Bainbridge Island, just a 35-minute ride away. Once on the island, you can explore the charming downtown area, visit local wineries and distilleries, and enjoy views of the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains.
- Visit the Olympic Sculpture Park: This free park features contemporary sculptures by artists worldwide, as well as beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound.
- Explore the Central District: This diverse neighborhood is known for its vibrant music and arts scene and its history as a center of African American culture in Seattle. You can visit the Northwest African American Museum, explore the shops and restaurants on Jackson Street, or attend a concert at the historic Washington Hall.
- Go on a food tour: Seattle is known for its delicious and diverse food scene, so consider taking a food tour to sample some of the city’s best bites. Some popular food tours include the Pike Place Market Food Tour, the Capitol Hill Food Walk, and the Chocolate Indulgence Tour.
These are just a few more ideas for what you can do in Seattle on Day 3. As always, it depends on your interests and preferences, so feel free to mix and match or explore other areas and attractions in the city.
More info on 36 Hours in Seattle | The New York Times
36 Hours in Seattle | The New York Times - BingNews Search results
Ezekiel Elliot returns: How to watch today's New England Patriots vs. Dallas Cowboys game
Ezekiel Elliot is headed home when the New England Patriots face the Dallas Cowboys this weekend. Elliot, who signed a one-year contract with the Patriots after becoming a free agent last season, was ...
How to watch Taylor Swift watch today's Kansas City Chiefs vs. New York Jets game: Livestream options, more
To watch the NFL without cable, start a seven-day free trial of Fubo. You can begin watching immediately on your TV, phone, tablet or computer. Fox, so you know, offers Sunday NFC games via "NFL on ...
MLS Matchday 36 Predictions: MLS Picks & Best MLS Bets Today 09/30
We start our MLS predictions today with the Supporters’ Shield leaders, Cincinnati, as it heads to Toronto to all but secure the Supporters’ Shield title. In fact, with it nine points above St. Louis ...
New York City is on track to break an all-time record for rainfall. Experts say this is the new normal.
Experts say this kind of extreme rainfall might be the new normal for New Yorkers. New York City got a month's worth of rainfall in just a few hours on Friday ... Climate experts told The New York ...
Storm pounds New York City area, flooding subways and leading to abandoned vehicles on the FDR Drive
New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said. “This is a dangerous, life-threatening storm,” Hochul said in an interview with TV station NY1. “Count on this for the next 20 hours.” Traffic was at a standstill, ...
Subway service in New York City limited due to flooding in stations
Heavy rainfall and flooding caused severe delays and limited subway service throughout New York City on Friday. More than a dozen subway lines were fully or partially suspended as the evening rush ...
A suspect has been arrested in the ambush killing of a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy
A man has been arrested in the ambush killing of a Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy who was shot as he sat in a patrol car.
An ode to the newspaper sports section, as it gasps for air
But as the New York Times sports page and sports staff enter their final days as we knew them, it feels right to acknowledge what is lost for all of us. The great American newspaper sports section ...
36 Hours in Buffalo
New York Times’ travel writer Amy Thomas recently spent 36 Hours in Buffalo, and now she’s telling the world about her whirlwind trip. With each passing year, visitors to Buffalo have a chance ...
36 Hours in Palermo
Francesco Lastrucci for The New York Times See eclectic art in a palace Palazzo Butera is Palermo’s most exciting cultural newcomer, located next to the port. The private art museum opened in ...
36 Hours in Burlington, Vt.
Kristina Samulewski works on audio productions at The New York Times and has lived in Burlington on-and-off for the past 10 years. Sitting on Lake Champlain and framed by the Green Mountains and ...
36 hours in New York City
I’m usually in the zone in one of New York City’s viewing decks that offer ... shoes and loads of energy to explore NYC in 36 hours. It might be just the tip of the iceberg but if you ...